The Coffee Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday 6th September

+10
jezzy
katied1979
kitty-mac
rachelmatt
KellieBellie
Cat
chevlimo
Jayne
Desrae
Moski
14 posters

Go down

Saturday 6th September Empty Saturday 6th September

Post by Moski Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:01 am

Do you have an interest in politics?

I don't follow at all. I don't even watch the news. I have no idea who to vote for today..... I didn't even enrol to vote until a year ago.
Moski
Moski
Barista
Barista

Number of posts : 3826

http://www.crookedhalo.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Saturday 6th September Empty Re: Saturday 6th September

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:39 am

No not really...I'll will read what they are all offering, but seriously think most of them are as bad as each other.

Only get things done when it's coming up to election time and are of course full of promises to get elected or re-elected.

Have voted already today.

Last edited by cc on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Desrae Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:05 pm

I have a bit of an interest & look into who is offering what when it comes time to vote.

A few years ago when we had the referendum about daylight saving & I think also sunday trade a friend of mine was having a big B***h about how we should have sunday trading & every one should vote yes for it & this & that only to admit a while later that she isn't even registered to vote. I told her that she should have no opinion on the matter unless she is prepared to stand by it & vote for what she believes in. In my mind you have no right to complain if you dont vote.
Desrae
Desrae
Short Black
Short Black

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayne Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:43 pm

I do and studied political science at University Smile

I agree Desrae...people should shut up if they are not even prepared to vote!
Jayne
Jayne
Vanilla Latte
Vanilla Latte

Number of posts : 1586

Back to top Go down

Post by chevlimo Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:35 pm

I'm interested because I think the future of our country and our kids depends on it.

However I do believe all politicians are liars........
chevlimo
chevlimo
Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows

Number of posts : 796

http://www.chevlimos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moski Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:07 pm

Gee Jaynie... That chicks a bit of a hypocrite...

I seriously have no idea who to vote for. I dont watch the news, read the papers etc. I know I should show some interest as Chev has said - its our future, but I just don't really care about it all. Bad, I know.

Tell me why you voted for who you did? Only if you want to share that is. I know its all supposed to be hush hush, but I need a hand dammit!! Haha!
Moski
Moski
Barista
Barista

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayne Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:46 pm

I guess you have already voted by now Simone but I voted Labor because with a 2 party preferred system it will be Labor or Liberal and even though I don't much like Alan Carpenter there is no way I could give my vote to Colin "Bingo" Barnett. I don't subscribe the the ideologies of the Liberal Party and identify more with Labor ( even though there is little real difference between the Parties these days)
Jayne
Jayne
Vanilla Latte
Vanilla Latte

Back to top Go down

Post by Moski Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Nope still haven't voted. I think we have till 6. I will go down shortly. Thanks Jayne.
Moski
Moski
Barista
Barista

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayne Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:05 pm

No wuckers... anytime you want me to bore you witless about my political ideologies you just say the word Wink
Jayne
Jayne
Vanilla Latte
Vanilla Latte

Back to top Go down

Post by Moski Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:06 pm

HAHAHA! Shall do!!
Moski
Moski
Barista
Barista

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayne Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:07 pm

HAHA Not very convincing.... but I shall let that pass! Razz
Jayne
Jayne
Vanilla Latte
Vanilla Latte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:27 pm

Jayne wrote:I guess you have already voted by now Simone but I voted Labor because with a 2 party preferred system it will be Labor or Liberal and even though I don't much like Alan Carpenter there is no way I could give my vote to Colin "Bingo" Barnett. I don't subscribe the the ideologies of the Liberal Party and identify more with Labor ( even though there is little real difference between the Parties these days)

Ditto for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Desrae Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:56 pm

I am much the same A Jayne & CC. While Im not entirely keen on Happy Carps, as the West has named him, no way would I give my vote to Barnett. I have never been a Lib supporter & cant see my view changing any time soon
Desrae
Desrae
Short Black
Short Black

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:06 pm

Totally agree
Cat
Cat

Number of posts : 895

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayne Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:08 pm

Desrae wrote:I am much the same A Jayne & CC. While Im not entirely keen on Happy Carps, as the West has named him, no way would I give my vote to Barnett. I have never been a Lib supporter & cant see my view changing any time soon

I just couldn't give my vote to Bingo Barnett

Saturday 6th September Bingo-11

I know we have a lot of clowns in Government but Old Bingo takes the cake.
Jayne
Jayne
Vanilla Latte
Vanilla Latte

Back to top Go down

Post by KellieBellie Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:54 pm

To be honest I'll listen and watch if it's there and I'm there at the same time, I may read a bit on the news online. But yes I see it as our future and our country either way though I think that they lie and run us into the ground.....just in a different way than the other party would had. Just feels like you can't really win.

Uhhhh to be a kid again and not have the stress ey!
KellieBellie
KellieBellie
Barista
Barista

Number of posts : 3221

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Kellies-Powder-Room_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelmatt Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:02 pm

I can't vote (a resident not a citizen) so don't really pay much attention to it all, they all just try and rubbish the other instead of actually really putting forward what they have to offer.
rachelmatt
rachelmatt
Short Black
Short Black

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by kitty-mac Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:05 am

I LOVE politics and love exercising my right to vote! I actually would love to be an independent politician. Matt and I were discussing yesterday that it voter apathy comes from a society where we get things we want too readily - not necessarily a bad thing, but we certainly aren't used to fighting for change anymore! That's not our fault either, every developed country is the same. Thankfully we don't have a set-up like the US where it's not compulsory to vote, though - even apathetic votes count!

I voted for the Greens yesterday. I'd love to see a vast change - it has to happen, and I'd like to think it will be our generation that changes Australia for the better for our childrens' future. A booming economy means nothing when the country can't survive nor sustain its population... Anyway, the Greens' preference is Labor, and everything I stand for won't let me ever vote Libs.

I'll get off my soapbox now!
kitty-mac
kitty-mac

Number of posts : 826

Back to top Go down

Post by katied1979 Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:16 pm

I wouldn't say that I have a huge interest in politics but I do like to be informed and know what is going on.

I think it is such a privilege to be able to vote - there are so many countries around the world where the voting is all rigged and you can be killed if you are thought to be voting for the wrong party. We seriously do not know how lucky we are here!

No offence to anyone here but it does kinda annoy me when people B***h about things like daylight saving or anything the else the government does but they still don't take the time to vote or to find out what the party's policies are. Again not directed at anyone here (have one of my friends in mind!).

I voted Labor.
katied1979
katied1979
Flat White
Flat White

Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by jezzy Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:44 pm

not really...i dont really understand most of how politics works. i do chat to gary and my parents around election time though to get an idea of who to vote for. i went labor too...ive grown up in a labor household and colin barnett is soooo creepy looking!
jezzy
jezzy
Vanilla Latte
Vanilla Latte

Number of posts : 1839

Back to top Go down

Post by roseygirl Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:49 am

i hate politics... if i knew that what the people said they'd do... they would actually do it... then maybe i'd take more of an interest!!
roseygirl
roseygirl
Cappuccino
Cappuccino

Number of posts : 1014

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:34 am

Oh no I think I'm the only liberal here!!! dont stone me to death!!! hahaha no, there were just a few policies that I agreed with the liberals and even though Colin Barnett looks like a tool u vote for the party, he's just the front man. I think labour had a good stint and is definitely time for a change. No hard feelings anyone! I love having different views to other people and I never try to change anyone's mind about politics or religion! Thats what makes the world an interesting place Smile
Kristen
Kristen
Vanilla Latte
Vanilla Latte

Number of posts : 1823

Back to top Go down

Post by SS Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:30 am

You're not alone Kristen Bek and I are both Liberal voters... I grew up in a Liberal house, and I agree with Chev...... they are all a bunch of lying &^%$#$

As I've got older the 2 main things I've kept in mind when voting are individual candidates and not party's John Howard was the worst thing to happen to the Liberal Party - he should have retired years ago, so I switched to the democrats to "Keep the bastards honest!" but when I vote I vote for the person in my area who is telling the lies I want to hear.

The other thing is historical management of the economy/country - at a local level I think the Labor government had been doing a great a job but they need to move on, they have started to focus on the wrong things and our premier is a known as "Media Mike", the state would like less photo shoots & more policy thanks mate......

The liberals nationally did a great job managing the economy but I HATE the fact Johnny H would have followed Bush anywhere.....like into a war ....... We lost our identity and became the USA's younger sibling under liberal. (If I wanted to live in America I'd mover there and hate we copy all their bad habits)

Still to decide on Rudd's government so far he seems to spend a lot of doing undoing and "fixing" what Liberal apparently did wrong, still waiting to see him deliver on his environmental promises, I'm not ready to knock him off his perch............. yet!

My sister in law (brothers wife) who is running in the SA state elections in 2010 (Liberal candidate for Hindmarsh), I think she'll do well, she is basing her campaign around schools being too PC and not focusing on basic education, the GP situation and the discrimination in Centrelink/government agencies towards 2 parent families.

I don't agree with forcing everyone to vote, if you don't study the policy or listen to the campaign promises and only vote for someone because your friend, partner, parents or boss does, then we ultimately have a lot of false votes................... I would be much happier knowing someone voted for a person I didn't like because they thought that person was right for them, and not because someone else told them to...

OOOPPPS huge rant..... LOL sorry!
SS
SS
Vanilla Latte
Vanilla Latte

Number of posts : 1659

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex81 Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:27 pm

I voted for the greens..... I'm not really into politics as I cant believe anything they say...i jsut do not trust any of them....

My dad is Labor through and through and ,y mum is liberal...so politics is not allowed to be spoken about in our house hold! Laughing
Lex81
Lex81
Cappuccino
Cappuccino

Number of posts : 1123

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:30 pm

Oh no how hard would that be Lex???

I grew up with labour voters through and through, generation after generation. My grandmother would kill me if she found out I was liberal!

Glad to know I'm not alone SS! I wonder who's gonna win this thing. They said it might take all week!
Kristen
Kristen
Vanilla Latte
Vanilla Latte

Number of posts : 1823

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down